Sunday, February 7, 2016

Goals

"There's nothing to be ashamed of when when you fail to do something great. When you go out on a limb, sometimes you fly and sometimes the limb breaks. Even if you end up lying on your back with branches poking your butt cheeks, at least you have a great view of the stars."

-Jennette Fulda



So here I am again basically at the beginning...again. 

Those of you who have struggled with weight can relate.  

I have had many successes in the weight loss arena. However, I never made the changes permanent. I take full responsibility for my actions. I am easily swayed. I am immature in this area of my life. I just think that it is unfair that I cannot eat whatever I want, when I want.  I have similar problems with money management. My sisters do  not seem to have the money management problem and only a few of us have the weight problems...so the problem isn't how I was raised.  

I would like to blame it on my ADD. I am naturally ADD. I am pretty sure I was born this way. It's a part of who I am now and for the most part I embrace it. Because of my ADD I see things most of you miss. I always see the sunset no matter how glorious or bland it is, no matter what else is going on around me. I see the colors and admire whatever visual blessing God has bestowed on us that day. If there were a shining diamond in the grass I would be the first to see it's glint.  I feel as I am in several different places at once. I might be cooking dinner, but my mind may be appreciating the newest Sam Hunt song and writing this blog all at the same time. I also have a unique ability to close everything else out. If I am reading or writing it is hard to get my attention. 

Because of these things, it is very hard for me to "diet." If someone has left cookies in the workroom for everyone, I will eat one and not even think about my resolve to get healthy.  I will curse myself after I remember my resolution 3/4 through the cookie, which is way past the point of stopping.

For the most part I enjoy working out. I am a natural athlete and I get frustrated that my n=body can no longer do what it once could. That needs to change.

So what is my starting point. Well I am technically obese. I hate that word... OHHHBEeeeeSE...It sounds like "Ole' Beast. The word in itself is an insult.

So since I don't know you, I am not going to put my numerical weight out there. You can follow me my progress by viewing this handy chart I created.


There is no rhyme or reason to this chart. These aren't equal intervals, and they don't mean anything besides small goals I want to hit along the way. So don't try to figure out my system...you never will.

Currently I am 7 pounds down from my highest weight ever.

Other than that I am currently decently healthy. I have a few health problems, but I will discuss all that in a later post.

So there you go. I am going to get healthy. I am going to lose weight.

As my friend RuthXXX used to say, "Carpe Diem!"



No comments:

Post a Comment