Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Wake Up Call?

This morning, I awoke up to a pain in back around my shoulder blade. As I moved around the pain seemed to go through me to my chest.  It feels "sore" when I inhale deeply.  There were a few times I was short of breath and had light dizzy spells. I applied a lidocaine patch to my shoulder and took a nap.  The dizziness and shortness of breath went away, but the pain through my back/chest is still there. I may have pulled something, but at my weight, and non-fitness level, you have to wonder if it's my heart.

 I had a stress test 10 years ago, and all was clear then. However, I heard the doctor tell the hot male nurse that if I didn't change my ways, I would have problems in 10-20 years.

So it's 10 years later.  While I have changed my ways...I no longer consume pop like ts going out of style, and I have lost weight...just to regain it. The sad truth is I weigh more right now than I ever have in my entire life.  I have to get moving, but I have no motivation. None.  I don't know what to do to help that.

 I checked my blood pressure today and it was 144/89.  This was while I was in pain, and after my morning caffeine, so I waited and took it again later. It was still high 137/79. That's high for me Anyway. Usually my blood pressure is 120/60.

What has to happen to make me wake up and want to take better care of myself? Do I have to have a heart attack? Get cancer? I am tired of being this way. I am tired of feeling bad, and bad about myself.  I just need motivation.

So tomorrow we are going to do this. I am going to log my food, walk and exercise, and do whatever I need to to feel better.

 If you want to check out my food and exercise log: Visit my Sparkpeople page HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment